In His Steps Statement of Faith
The following statement is affirmed by our teachers and board members.
- WE BELIEVE that the Bible is the inspired, and therefore inerrant, Word of God. It is the final authority for all we believe and how we are to live.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the word made flesh. He fulfilled the just requirement of the law, suffered and died on the cross for the sins of man once and for all. He was buried and was resurrected from the dead, appeared to many after his resurrection, was taken up in glory, and is now seated at the right hand of God.
- WE BELIEVE that the one true God exists eternally in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit, in whom also we are sealed for the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit regenerates, forever indwells, and empowers the Christian for godly living and effective service.
- WE BELIEVE in the literal Second Coming of Christ at the end of the age when He will return to the earth personally and visibly to consummate His Kingdom.
- WE BELIEVE that when the Christian dies, they pass immediately into the presence of Christ Jesus, there to enjoy conscious fellowship with the Savior until the day of the resurrection and glorious transformation of the body.